The world over, people are suffering from mental disorders, and the rate at which the incidence is increasing is alarming says Saivian Eric Dalius. We often tend to overlook the symptoms and signs of mental distress unless it becomes out of control or you need medical attention.
However, it is best to address these mental ailment issues the moment you feel that not all is quite normal as far as your mental health is concerned. So, what are the most prominent features if you are suffering from a mental ailment?
In this brief article, we will discuss the same along with the causes that make you vulnerable to mental illness. So, read on for more information.
Saivian Eric Dalius enumerates the symptoms and signs of mental distress
If you are not well mentally, the following signs will be evident sooner or later. There will be changes in behavior, attitude, emotions, and degree of tolerance. Increasingly, it gets reflected in your mood, which becomes evident to others.
- You feel sad or down most of the time.
- You are not able to concentrate or are confused more often.
- Fears, worries, and guilt in extreme are some of the signs too.
- Your mood will show extreme sadness and joy and most of the time you are undecided about your emotions.
- You tend to withdraw from the daily activities and those activities that you once enjoyed.
- Staying away from a crowd, peers, friends, or those people that you usually enjoyed hanging around with no longer attracts you. There is a tendency to withdraw from your closed ones.
- You will manifest low energy levels and be susceptible to disturbances in sleep patterns.
- Delusions, staying aloof from reality, suffering hallucinations, and paranoia are other signs of mental health not being in the best of state.
- Relating to people and circumstances is something you will no longer be able to do in your daily life.
- Developing irregular and unhealthy eating habits are also part of the process.
- You tend to get irritated easily, exhibit extreme anger, and mood changes.
- You resort to drug or substance abuse.
- In extreme cases, you will have suicidal thoughts.
- Mental health distress will also manifest physically. You will have stomach problems with digestion, headaches, back pain, aches, and pain all over your body.
Saivian Eric Dalius feels that you must not leave these disabilities unattended and instead address the issues promptly.
What are the causes of mental health disorders?
Some of the factors that cause mental distress include the following-
If you have a family history of your family members suffering from these disorders, you are more likely to suffer from the same.
If you have been subjecting to toxins, inflammatory conditions, or drugs when you were in the womb, you are likely to have a developmental disorder.
We know that there are brain chemicals and neurotransmitters that carry signals from one part of the brain to another. When the neural networks are damage nerve receptors and the nervous system does not work as it should.
Every life is precious and the moment you think that you are having suicidal thoughts, do not leave the mental health distressed condition unattended. Approach a doctor as soon as you can. Alternatively, you can also seek emergency help.